Monday 28 October 2013

Gold Christmas Candles

Good morning everyone I hope that all my Friends and  Followers are safe this morning the storm has really battered parts of England today thankfully as I live in the North East of the country we have missed the worst of  the storm.
Now for my post something a little different today. Last Christmas I made some of  these decorated candles to give to friends as small gifts. This year I have been asked to make six more for one of my friends who wants  to give them as presents. This is the first instalment these are the gold ones I am currently busy finishing the red ones.
 
 
 
 
The candles are all of a theme and are started with a basic cheap £2 white candle from Tesco but they look stunning when decorated.
 
 

Candle Recipe

White candle Tesco
Sentiments LOTV Grunge Christmas Stamps
Spellbinders Poinsettia die
Quick Kutz scalloped die for the base
Lace, pearls and ribbon from my stash
Flowers Wild Orchid Crafts
Gold Mirra Card
Gold pearlescent paper
Patterned paper Kasercraft Turtle Dove Collection
Gold embossing powder
Heat Gun
 
I hope you enjoy looking at these they look very festive photographed together and I will post the red ones very soon. I'm just waiting for some large cellophane bags from eBay to arrive then I'll finish each of them off by putting them in the cellophane bag tied with a ribbon and finished with a tag.
 
Before I finish my blog today I want to send my thoughts to my friends Lyn and  Eric. Just heard from Lyn  Eric has just been taken to hospital this morning and is very ill we love you Eric and are thinking of you today.
 
Hope you  all have a fantastic week doing lots of nice crafty things.
 
I have entered these in Crafty Little Fairies challenge" Anything Goes "http://craftylittlefairieschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
 
 

 
 
  

 

2 comments:

  1. Morning Carole. What gorgeous candles, I'm not surprised you've had orders for them, they'll make wonderful Christmas presents. I can't wait to see your red ones.
    We've not got the windy weather either, just rain and a bit of a breeze.
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend Eric, I hope his wife is coping ok.
    Sending you a hug, Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look fantastic Carole, what a lovely gift idea.
    we just had rain and breeze, not what they had forecast for use,..so glad that didn't arrive.
    sorry to here about your friends husband, wish him well.
    pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x