Wednesday 20 August 2014

Rock Around The Clock

Hi everyone today sees the launch of the new weekly challenge over at Crafting by Designs the theme this week is Rock Around The Clock and we are very lucky to have two sponsors

Prize: winner choice of 2 digis
and
Prize: 5 digis
 
 
My choice for my Design Team card was an image from Dr.Digi called Metal Mick this is a real fun image and I enjoyed making the card but as I'm sure you'll all agree not quite my normal style. However it's always good to do different so hope you enjoy him and it makes you start signing Rock Around the Clock by Bill Haley and The Comets certainly takes me back a few era's to my youth club days.
 
 

 

Card Recipe

7x7 card
Card Tim Holtz
Paper a 12x12 scrapbook sheet by Echo Park Paper Its a Boy's Life
Spotted paper is the reverse side
Image Dr Digi Metal Mick edges heat embossed with silver embossing powder and  coloured with Promarkers and Copic pens
Twine for my stash might be Docrafts
Guitar Charm Whitby Crafts
Sentiment cut from the paper
Die cut stars and metal stars from my stash
Die cut letters around the edge
 
 
I hope you have a great week and that you can pop over and join in the challenge get out those bobby socks and get rocking Hugs Carole x
 
 



12 comments:

  1. A fab card Carole!! Perfect papers to accompany this hilarious image!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Carole, it does us good to step out of the box now and again :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Carole, I like the fun image the papers and the stars
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely not your usual style but this is just brilliant! You've coloured him to match the fab papers so well and your embellies are just right for the style of card. Having a change has really suited you. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just darling!! Love the stars and the brilliant colors!! That image is too funny! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Carole, brilliant image and fab colouring..love the papers and design..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab image and card...love the added goodies, the stars, paper all looks awesome....love this Carole, you should make more of these.xxxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Carole,

    Wow, I just love your card it's brilliant. Fab colouring and image. I too can remember Bill Haley.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Carole! its great to do something different isn't it??? huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bold card! Love the stars and letters! Really funky and bright!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic design, perfect for those tricky males! Such a fun image and I love your lettering and star embellishments. Have a great weekend!
    Rebecca.
    P.S. Thanks for your advice about the thread. I'd taken a chance and bought some of that particular type so I was relieved to hear that it is good :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great image...with a great design... Yes! I remember Bill Haley and the comets! But my first thought when I saw this card was my grandson with his electric guitar...How much he would like this card! Very Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x