Wednesday 10 May 2017

Mina-Return To Me

Good morning to all my friends and  followers this Wednesday and a very special welcome to my new follower Katrina I hope you enjoy my blog and visit often . Its Wednesday so a new challenge over at Crafting by Designs and  the theme this week is Fantasy.
We have a great sponsor this week

Nikki Burnette is a fantasy artist who paints all sorts of fantastical creatures in watercolor. Fantasy art is where her heart lies. She loves being able to escape the reality of our world for even just a few hours and enter a new fantasy realm where witches play tricks on Halloween Night, fairies fly around the sweet smelling rosebuds, and mermaids swim gracefully through the water with their dolphin friends. Nikki sells my original paintings as well as a wide range of different products that she creates in her studio.  All her artwork and drawings are original designs
Prize - winner choice of 3 digi images

For my design team project I decided on an unusual image called Mina-Return To Me and  I used it to make a wall plaque. Its different so I hope you like it..



Close up of the stamp


Wall Plaque Recipe

Wooden Plaque from Walmart in Florida $1. I then painted it with Dove Grey acrylic paint I bought in Michael's in Florida
I  used a Marianne nautical stamp and stamped and heat embossed with gold embossing powder to get the gold print border
The stamp is Mina- Return To Me from Nikki Burnett painted with Derwent Inktense Pencils
I used a dark blue oval frame and covered it with gold mesh and  edged with gold cord from Dainty Crafts  at Washington
Resin Fish is from Whitby Crafts 
I picked the mother of pearl type shells from the beach at Captiva Island in Florida when we visited last year on holiday
Gold Ribbon my stash
some Wink of Stella on the Stamp

I hope you can find time to enter this challenge Fantasy is a really fun theme. I thought I'd end my post with a photo of me at the restaurant on Saturday night in my posh gear with a lovely Gin cocktail.  I wore my high heels and Debra I managed not to fall over !!





A toast to all you lovely special ladies and gents.

Enjoy the rest of the week I'll be back tomorrow with another post. Love and hugs Carole x

I.m entering this into Squirrel.s Not So Random Challenge

 




14 comments:

  1. Wonderful plaque Carole! Beautifully coloured image which looks great with the gold net behind, nautical but still glamorous for the lovely mermaid. Love how you've decorated the frame especially with the gold embossing. The fish and shells are the perfect embellishments for this. How did you manage to get the delicate shells back home in one piece? I also have visions of you with a huge bag packed with crafty goodies from Michaels :).
    Looking fabulous darling! I love that gorgeous top you're wearing, such a lovely colour and suits you perfectly. Well done on the balancing act :D. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so beautiful, love the image and soft washed look. Looking very glam in the picture. Glad you stayed on your feet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi carole your plaque is so gorgeous you have created a beautiful nautical scene, fabulous colouring, you should be really pleased with yourself. Fab photo you look very glam.

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely plaque and I am sure will find its way on to someone's wall where it will be treasured. beautiful photo of yourself at the restaurant too...hope you had a good meal.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just breathtaking Carole! Stunning design and gorgeous elements. You look gorgeous and cheers to you too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous wall plaque Carole, fabulous embellishments and design.
    What a beautiful photo, looks like you had a lovely time xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole this wall plaque is gorgeous that is a beautiful image you have used. I love that glamorous photo of you. It looks like you are having lots of fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolutely gorgeous plaque and an equally gorgeous photograph of you, lovely lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful wall plaque design Carole, thats a lovely image you have used.
    Beautiful photo, bet you had a fabulous night and I love your gorgeous top!.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning plaque and the image and embellishments are beautiful. You look amazing in your new photo and I wish I could wear high heels still. What's your secret?!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful plaque, always love a sea scene. Beautiful photo of you looking very stylish. Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Carole, she is a classy interpretation of the Fantasy theme, love this. Thanks so much for sharing with us at SNSRC this time. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x