Wednesday 29 January 2014

Summer Days

Good afternoon to all my friends and  followers. I hope that you are all well and  not too down with the dark miserable weather we seem to be having a lot at  the moment. It is good for staying in and  crafting but the light is terrible especially if you need to do photos. Anyway enough of that. today I'm posting another card made with a stamp I bought a while ago and had  never used its a LOTV stamp called Summer Days. I wish it really was Summer !!. Its such a pretty stamp but took a bit of colouring as its quite detailed in places. I decided on distressed inks for this one.



Card Recipe

Blank card Craftwork Cards
Card Tim Holtz
Papers from a Melisa Francis pad I think its 5th Avenue
Stamp LOTV Summer Days coloured with distress inks
Sentiment LOTV Grungy Good Times
Lace local store Boyes
Fence die Crafty Sentiments Designs
Birdcage die cut from Craftwork cards embossed with Vintage Rose Frantage
Ribbon, Doily and twine from stash
Flowers and  metal butterflies from WOC
Metal leaves Dawn to  Dusk Crafts
Small cream resin roses Michaels USA
 
I have been to  South Shields today with Hubby to meet up with my friend Val who is staying at The Little Haven Hotel its a nice Hotel right on the sea but it was absolutely freezing. We had our lunch at a  place called The Custom House food was OK but very glamorised in the web photos never mind had a good long chat over a bottle of wine which we all enjoyed
 
I'm home alone tonight as Michael is going to the football so planning to catch up on comments and  do some crafting. Sounds good to me.
 
Enjoy your evening and the rest of the week. Thanks to you all for the fab comments on my recent  cards they are lovely and so appreciated.
 
I am entering this card in  Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge ,  The Ribbon Girl Challenge and Crafting by Designs http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
 

 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Carole! Your colouring is wonderful, I can see it would have taken a long time but it was worth it. All your embellishments are really pretty and work so well together. Good Luck in the challenges.
    I'm being subjected to football right now as we only get it on the lounge TV so I'm looking at all the blogs I follow instead.
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, it nice having friends that understand. Enjoy your crafting, Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi carol, lovely card, such a beautiful design with your gorgeous embellishments. I have so many stamps never been inked, just cannot resist buying them.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, so many beautiful elements, so looking forward to warmer weather! thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole! what a beautiful card and my favourite stamps too I can't wait to go to the NEC lol but I have lots of stamps that have never seen any ink yet, will have to have a sort out. Lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, the embellishments are gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. I bought this one in the LOTV sale - looks like we both made the most of those lovely bargains! I love how you placed the ribbon with those roses, it looks so pretty and delicate.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful! Love all your embellishments!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning creation Carole, such a cute image and love all the flowers!! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x