Monday 9 March 2015

Time Flies 60th Birthday Card

Good Morning to all my blog friends and followers I hope that you have all had a great weekend doing some lovely things. I've just about got all the catching up done since getting home and its pretty much back to normal. Its been hard after such a great holiday to get back to doing the normal everyday things and its cold!!.
So onto my post today. Its a commission I was given from a friend for a 60th birthday card. I decided to use LOTV Time Flies for my image but really pushed myself to use a different colour scheme As I always go to the lavenders and blues first when I paint this image. See what you think.



The matching box



Card Recipe

7x7 blank card 
Papers LOTV Country Lady
Stamp LOTV Time Flies painted with Derwent Inktense pencils
LOTV sentiment Greetings Postmarks
Cream organza flower trim from Walmart in Florida
Lace bow panel and wooden flower The Works Outlet shop in The Peak District
Pearl string The Hobby House
Flowers Wild orchid Crafts, Boyes Stores and  Dainty Crafts Washington
Lace and small pearls from my stash
Time Flies Sentiments made on the computer
Sewing machine and  white top stitch thread
Pearl Hearts Dawn to Dusk Crafts Ross Paper craft show
7x7 Box Stella Crafts
Tim Holtz paper edger tool
Glamour dust on her wings

I'm glad I pushed myself to do a different colour as I quite liked it when it was finished. I  hope my friend who commissioned it does too.
I've got a really busy week with lots on so will have to make sometime in amoungst it all to craft as I still have some DT posts to finish.
Thank you all for the lovely comments on Pom Pom and the warm welcome home I missed  all your blogs while I was away. Have a great week whatever you are planning but I  hope that it involves some nice things. Love and  hugs x .




20 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous I love the colours great choice!! I always reach for lavender/lilac too! Especially for shabby chic cards
    Love the creams, and that large material flower you used again is yum I want some lol
    Sentimebts look fab on patterned paper!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic projet, Catherine !!!
    I love the design so elegant and precious.
    Great work.
    Thank you so much for your so nice comment in my blog.
    Have a nice week.
    Big hugs, Mumur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Carol and the recipient will be over the moon. Your distressing is terrific. I always admire distressing but whenever I try to do it the only thing to get distressed is me!!! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning and beautiful design here Carole!! I love the elegance of the lace, pearls and stitching details!! I think she'll love this! ;) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, soft and delicate, love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly beautiful card, I love the stitched edges. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Carole. I Love the colours and your embellishments are pretty - the lace on the bottom is stunning. Such a cute image.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty pretty card Carole lots of things to see on it! I haven't made up my mind if I'm going to Harrogate at the weekend because I can't get to the NEC this year:( lots of huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous, love the colours. That flower trim is fab, wish I knew they had this in Walmart wold have bought some. Your friend will love it I am sure

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Carole, I think that is one amazing card and Angela is one very lucky lady. The colours are so pretty and all the stitching and gorgeousness look magnificent!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful creation Carole, love the beautiful image, colours and your gorgeous embellishments and to finish off with a matching box..What a keepsake..
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowwww Carole! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Of course I love the image, and all of your details are sooooo STUNNING!!!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunningly gorgeous. These colours are beautiful as are all the added beauties.xxx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Carole, the box is every bit as gorgeous as the card, a definite keeper :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely Gorgeous sweetie :0) huggles Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So gorgeous Carole! The colour palette is wonderful and the embellishments are really lovely. I like the pearls around the image, it makes the image stand out. You friend will love this and enjoy giving it to her friend. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and box, beautiful design and great colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sure your friend was head-over-heels in love with this card and box, Carole! It is fantastic in every way and a gift unto itself!! I love that we both did "Time Flies" posts with one day of each other! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just stunning Carole, I bet your friend will sure love this design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Carole this is a gorgeous card and box. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x