Saturday 2 November 2013

Christmas Nativity Angels

Good morning to all my lovely friends and  followers hope you are all looking forward to a great weekend.
My post today is a card using the LOTV stamp Nativity Angels I have coloured it  with watercolour distress inks and used some very pale colours for a different look Christmas Card. I love the image its another one of my favourites from this years release.


 
 
Isn't this just the most cutest image !!
 

Card Recipe

Blank 6x6 Kraft card Hobbycraft
Papers Docrafts 12 days of Christmas
Card Tim Holtz
Stamp LOTV Nativity Angels
Sentiment stamp Kaisercraft from GNPE
Ribbon and blue flowers Boyes my local craft store
Cream Roses WOC painted with Gesso then glittered with Glamour Dust
Leaves Marianne die painted with Gesso and  glittered with Glamour Dust
Blue Pearls Kanban
Image painted with Distress Inks, Picket Fence, Antique Linen, Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass,
Vintage Photo, Tea Dye and Wild Honey onto Langton Watercolour Card.
Sewing Machine  with White topstitch thread
Wooden Angel Hobbycraft edged with Glamour Dust
Lace just seen from Dainty Crafts Washington
 
I love water colouring and this Langton card is good but I haven't yet found a watercolour card that's really white if anyone know s a brand that is a really good white I'd love to hear from you.
 
 
I promised  in my earlier post this week that I would show you the candles when I got them bagged up this photo is OK but the cellophane has not come out well in the photo but you can see the matching tags and  the overall idea.

 
 
 
Now something different .Yesterday I spent a lovely afternoon at Wynyard Hall celebrating my friend Ian's retirement. We are all ex work colleagues and had a great afternoon and the lovely expensive Champagne Ian treated us to made for a perfect afternoon. This is us all having lunch.
 
 
 
A long post today but hope you enjoy reading it. Have a great weekend and  keep crafting .
 
 



 
 



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card Carole. The image is so lovely painted like that. Everything you've chosen for this card is fab. I love the flowers and the little angel. Well done you!
    The candles look great finished off with the tags and cellophane. Anyone would be thrilled to receive one for Xmas.
    What a grand place to have lunch so champagne really was a must have for your surroundings! You look very elegant in the photo. I'm glad you had a lovely time.
    If you look on Bev Rochester's blog under the heading FAQ she tells you which watercolour paper she prefers that is whiter. I've never painted so is it hard to master distress ink painting?
    Have a good weekend :-) Debra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card Carole, love this image coloured beautifully, matching paper colours really finish the card design as well as those gorgeous embellishments.
    beautiful finished candles, make gorgeous gifts.
    looks like you had a lovely time at the party afternoon.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Carole,
    This is such a beautiful card! I love the stunning variety of makes on your blog and look forward to seeing more of your creations in the future.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my Blog I do appreciate all your comments Love and Hugs Carole x